Reflections

It's been awhile since I published and figure it's about time again. Looking back over yesterday being Thanksgiving, I just want to stop here and thank the Lord for His many blessings on me. He's first of all loved me with an everlasting love and saved my soul.

And then, I have my family: a wonderful loving husband and four precious children. Each one makes my heart expand with more love than I thought I could hold. I can't forget my parents; Mom and Dad, I love you both very much! And Papa Elbert. Shawn and his family, Ryan and his family and Jared and his family. And of course, my in-laws. I am truly surrounded by love and blessings.

We had a great time Thursday as friends from the church came over for some deep fried turkey and fellowship. And in the midst of it all, Jared and Amy stopped in for a few minutes as they traveled to see her brother. We had not seen Jared since Mother's Day, so it was nice to visit with him again.

Going back in time... last weekend, Dennis decided it was time to paint Charis' room to cover the artwork she and Matthew drew early in the summer. So, he got some paint and got to work. Here's what we had to cover:

See the beautiful smiley faces, even complete with mustaches! They had pretty much covered the entire corner with stars, faces houses and flowers.


We worked well into Friday night and started back up on it again Saturday morning. The hallway and front bathroom were painted as well as Charis' room. Just a plain off-white semi-gloss, but it makes such a difference compared to the flat eggshell it was originally painted. And easier to clean off, although I certainly hope I won't be having to do so anytime real soon, especially pen or pencil markings!All this hard work sure wore someone out:

Yes, Andrew is now in a toddler bed as we have moved Faith into the crib. He likes it since he can now get up and down as he pleases. I noticed that he was very quiet as Matthew and Charis were playing one afternoon. I walked back to find he had crashed, not even attempting to lay on the bed, but kneeling instead; he was sound asleep.

On November 6th, I stepped outside early in the morning to see a beautiful sight. I had read that the ISS and Discovery were to be crossing the skies at exactly 6:13am and they could be seen as bright points of light for a full 5 minutes. Also, the moon was a lovely crescent with the shadow of the darkened portion clearly seen. So, I was armed with the camera and ready for action. Sure enough, Dennis and I were able to watch as the spaceships floated like falling stars, moving from southwest to northeast. My camera wasn't able to pick up the view, but it was certainly breathtaking! But I was able to get a few shots of the moon. Nowhere near what it really looked like, but I love to see our God's creation!
Faith continues to grow and charm everyone. Here she was stirring up a ruckus wanting attention. She's teething as well and likes to blow raspberries.





She is nearly 5 months old, but on her 4-month checkup, she weighed 17lb., 10 oz, which puts her in the "95th percentile" and 5% on her height at 22 1/2 inches. Short and fat, she's my sweet li'l butterball.

1 comment:

Petula said...

Oh!! Here's my answer. Our babies are right close together. Anna just turned 6 months. She's 13 pounds and I think the same length as Faith! It would be so cool/cute to see them play together since they're starting to notice other things more and more. I wonder if they would talk to each other!?

Mines teething too... has been for awhile so I thought I would have seen some teeth by now.

I love the photo of little man sleeping/kneeling on the bed. It's so cool that you got captured that!

So glad to be back in touch and caught up.

My Facebook

Tabatha Bentley's Facebook profile