HomeSchool - Day 1

I started homeschooling Charis today. We are using A Beka curriculum and she is in K-5. My plan was to start at 8am with violin practicing and then school until about lunch time. Andrew woke up this morning with a soaked-full diaper which immediately woke up the rest of the household by 6:30 am. I wasn't going to wake the children up until 7:30, with the exception of Charis, who would get up at 7am.
After bathing Andrew and getting Dennis out the door for work, I prepared breakfast for the children. While they ate, I took a quick shower. Then I fed Faith. So we officially started her lessons at about 8:15am; not too far off my goal. I washed dishes while she practiced and then we started schooling.
Most of what she is doing is review, she knows alot already. Numbers, colors, letters. She already can read quite a bit and can spell as well as write. So, it went much faster than I anticipated. We took a few breaks and were totally finished for the day by 11:15am. So, I guess I can pretty much plan a 3-hour school day.
At 2pm, I headed out the door for her violin lessons, but since Andrew seems to have a sore throat, possibly strep, we cancelled them (her teacher has four kids of her own and we don't want to spread any kind of infection if at all possible!)
I feel good about today's school work and I hope tomorrow will be better... and that Andrew won't be demanding my every minute of attention.

No comments:

My Facebook

Tabatha Bentley's Facebook profile