I suppose I must....

I love Christmas time, and would rather keep all the Christmas decorations up and Christmas music playing, but I suppose I must take the tree out and pack away all the decorations for another 10 months and 6 days (if I wait until the day after Thanksgiving). So, my blog is getting its 2009 facelift and the music changes for awhile. I am so thankful that I can have Christmas all year long in my heart though. It's not about the tree and the lights, the decorations, the food or the presents. But rather the presence of my Lord and Saviour. Christmas is about the babe in a manger who willingly left His throne in Heaven to take on the robe of flesh; becoming man so He could feel our infirmities and give His life for ours on the cross. Christmas extends to the grave where He lay buried for three days and then gloriously arose to promise us eternal life when we simply put our faith in Him.

Christmas is the joy that flows through my life.
Christmas is peace that comes from trusting God.
Christmas is love that shows to all mankind.
Christmas is Christ! And when you know Him, you have Christmas all year long!

1 comment:

Nina in Portugal said...

You just reminded me that I need to put up our decorations too! The tree's been up since Nov 1st....I almost got used to it being there!

My Facebook

Tabatha Bentley's Facebook profile