
No, not us.... our next door neighbors. I heard the rumble of a truck mid-morning. Peering out the front window, I see a Budget truck backing into the drive of our neighbor's house. Times got tight, he lost his job and now they have no choice. They are a sweet family, with children near the ages of my own. Playmates and friendships made are soon to be separated. I hate to see them leave.
It now leaves a void that must be filled by another family. And I wonder.... what will they be like? Will the Lord bless us with friendly neighbors, those of like-mind we can fellowship with? Or will they be sinners in need of a Saviour that God is preparing even now to hear the Gospel from us?
The sad thing is, it doesn't stop there, another neighbor is planning to move away in the Spring. They just can't make the house payments. Each situation different from the other, but ending in the same results. But for the grace of God, it could be us. I will miss them, both families, as I know my kids will. But on the flipside, I am excited to see who God has in store for us.... Anyone moving to Atoka real soon? I know of a couple of houses for sale next to, well.... me!








1 comment:
Times are tough for so many....
Post a Comment