Desires of our hearts

Can I share something with you? Just a touch of how sweet my Lord is.....
Saturday morning I headed out to Wal-Mart for my weekly grocery, etc. shopping trip and saw a number of yard sale signs. Being a bargain-shopper, I just had to stop. I was looking for clothes for Charis, who is quickly outgrowing what she has. I made a few stops, but I didn't get any clothes. Instead, I found two table lamps that would match my new curtains beautifully. The man wanted $10 for both, and I nearly jumped at them, until I remembered that I didn't have end tables to put them on. He informed me that there were three houses just around the corner also hosting yard sales; maybe I would find end tables at one of them. I told him, if I did, I just might be right back. I pulled into the cul-de-sac just around the corner and as I walked up the drive to the first one, guess what was sitting there, pretty as you please? That's right! Two end tables in excellent condition. The asking price was $15, but I convinced the lady to sell at $10 since I had to buy the lamps to go with them. I loaded them up and headed back to the first house, where I talked the man down to $8.
What a surprise for Dennis to open the van and see these rather than groceries (don't worry, I went and got the groceries too, they were just in the front and he opened the back)!



Don't they match just perfectly?! It adds a lovely touch to our living room and I paid less than $20 for them. Now, can you argue with me that God is good?!!? I don't think so!

3 comments:

John and Pamela Cabrera said...

NOPE! I could never argue with that! God IS good - ALL THE TIME! Those were beautiful and matched perfectly!

Nina in Portugal said...

They are beautiful!

Now if you can keep Bro. Dennis from flipping through the house, you might can keep these for a while!

Thanks for the link!

The French Family said...

The lamp and table is very nice - your story about getting them is awesome!! Miss ya!!

My Facebook

Tabatha Bentley's Facebook profile