We have started week 3 of school. It is seemingly going well. Charis is learning a few new things, although alot of it is review for what she has learned on her own time up until now. She already knows her ABC's and can count to 100 easily, so she is learning some math and how to alternate things in sequence. This was a new one to her for sure. Colors were already down pat, so she is enjoying just coloring, especially things by number. We are learning some things about different countries: Mexico, Peru and now England. We purchased two wall-sized maps, one of the world and the other of the United States, so we can look at everything as we learn where it is. Now, I just need to find a couple of walls big enough to post them up on.
I am still finding it a bit difficult to keep Matthew and Andrew occupied while she schools. I can let Matthew color pretty much unsupervised, but not Andrew. He wants to drag all the toys out and then leaves a huge mess for the rest of us to clean up.
Our schedule allows us to be finished by noon with lunch and a nap to follow before the kids are allowed outside to play. It's a challenge to homeschool, but I am truly enjoying it. And I believe Charis is too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Homeschooling definitely has it's challenges, but it is also very rewarding. I think you're doing a great job!!
Post a Comment